"If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it!" is my new favorite catch phrase. I'll admit I'm a fan of Beyonce's work but nothing has caught my ear as much as this song. Its the perfect song to dance to. Unfortunately for me my body does not move like Beyonce's. In fact my body moves a little more than Beyonce's...when I stop sometimes it still moves...Ah....
I love to dance though. I have no shame (though sometimes I should), and dance my heart out and sometimes I even drop it like its hot (though I may need assitance getting back up). But this song and this video have inspired me. I mean its constant movement from beginning to end, and I've seen countless youtube videos of people trying to imitate her dance moves. It got me to thinking, this would be the perfect routine to workout to.
I went to a hip-hop exercise class once, and at the end of it I felt like all I did was learn how to do really cool dance moves. I got more exercise going up and down the stairs to get into the building for the class. Single Ladies is a whole nother ball game. I've seen her do about 5 live performances of this and her backup dancers look utterly exhausted after the routine is over. Attempting to inhale and exhale subtly failing miserable to a keen observer.
So my mission is to learn that dance routine during christmas break and be able to perform it from beginning to end. Consider it a New Year's Resolution...
Dance as if no one is looking...Always!
Peace
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love this song! dance song of the year!!
Post a Comment