Men say they are going to lose weight, then BAM! Three months later and he has washboard abs. WTF? But then I found this article...and it broke it down for me once and for all. This is why men lose weight more efficiently than women.
Insert from BettyConfidential.Com;
Just Say No. Women chisel away at their calories, taking a smaller portion of this or that, while men pick up the machete and cut out a whole category of food - dessert, bread, pasta, beer. This technique works because the rules are so clear: no bargaining involved. You don't cut a weensy slice of cheesecake; you don't eat it at all. An important corollary is the no-drinks rule: rule out any liquid with calories (beer, wine, sweetened soda, juice), and you can painlessly remove hundreds of calories each day.
Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. The New York Times just ran a story about a phenomenon I've observed many times: Men betting on their ability to drop the pounds. You win the pot by losing your pot. Don't want to wager with friends? There are websites where you can compete with a stranger: fatbet.net and makemoneylosingweight.com
Train Like a Triathlete. Work out like somebody who's getting ready for a race. The secret: interval training. If you pump up your workout by alternating periods of high effort and recovery time, you'll boost your calorie burn while you're exercising and afterward. Intervaltraining.net can get you going.
Don't Over think It. Here's where psychology comes in. Men don't buy piles of diet books, consult dozens of web sites. They pick a plan and go. Truth be told, most diets work. You don't have to become a nutritionist to lose weight; you just have to stick with the plan.
Have No Regrets. We women are such perfectionists, and we beat ourselves up when we backslide or plateau. If your honey's up a few pounds mid-diet, do you think he frets and stews and plays the blame game? Not a chance. With a sly, almost proud smile - look what a bad boy I am - he climbs back on the wagon and starts losing again.
So now that I know what I'm doing wrong maybe I can do something right. Dieting like a guy shouldn't be too bad. Then again I got the bean diet from a guy so who knows. I'll keep you posted.
Peace and Love
1 comment:
I am gonna have to give that first one a try. It's totally true. I said to myself I was going to stop buying ice cream, and buy the low-fat frozen yogurt instead. So now instead of 3 bowls of ice cream a day, I have 3 bowls of yogurt. I clearly just need to not buy these things at all and stock up on fruits and veggies.....
Although, as we know, easier said than done.
Post a Comment